DC’s Black Stone
Hook: Mustad #6 wet nymph #9671
Weight: .025” No-Lead or Lead wire
Antenna: Black goose Biots
Dubbing: Black Stone Antron
Ribbing: Smoke Larva Lace
Legs: Black round rubber or craft store “Jelly Roll”
Wing Case: Black plastic (craft store) .010” thick
(could substitute black 1/16” black craft foam)
- Wrap a thread base on hook even with hook barb.
- Tie in back antenna (remember-should be longer than front antenna).
- Tie in front antenna.
- Wrap lead from back to front-completely cover thread base to 1/8” of eye.
(if you are going to fish a swift current, double up lead)
- Tie in Larva Lace at back of hook and pull it out of the way
- Cover lead entirely with thread.
- Tie in your legs with a slight backswept look.
- Wrap Larva Lace to behind back legs and tie off.
- Tie in back wingcase in front of back legs.
- Dub fly from front of back legs to just in front of front legs.
- Tie in front wingcase in front of front legs.
- Dub slightly over front wingcase to hide thread.
- Wrap thread to form a head.
- Whip finish head.
- Super glue head liberally to make head shine and tie thread together.